The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Life Time Entirety by Heleen M. Keizer

A Study of AION in Greek Literature and Philosophy, the Septuagint and Philo

books.google.de/books?id=l-Smshb … &q&f=false

I have read about it years ago and now stumpled upon it, she comes to the conlcusion that aion does NOT mean eternity, but rather life/duration in its completeness as I understand, she closes her book by quoting Gregory of Nyssa and agreeing with him, “Aeon designates temporality, what which occurs within time.” My conclusion would be, Aion lasts as long as it lasts.

It seems to be most interesting, the whole book can be read for free.

Do you know who she is and whether she is a convinced or hopeful universalist, sven? I’d like to include her in my names list if possible.

All I know is that she is a dutch scholar/theologian (?), there are some books from her on Amzaon but they are not related to universalism or eschatology, I can’t even tell if she is a believer at all.

amazon.de/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_ … evancerank

I found this about her:

askelm.com/newsletter/l200501.htm

It looks promising, especially given what the footnotes say. I’ll add her name to the currently researching paret of my list over in General. Thanks :slight_smile: If you find out any more, please post it over on the list thread.

Yes, the book can be “downloaded” to your computer hard-disk (as an e-book) from:-
**openisbn.com/free_ebooks/id_66712_Life_Time_Entirety__A_Study_Of_Aion_In_Greek_Literature_And_Philosophy__The_Septuagint_And_Philo ** ;
OR, the book can be read ONLINE from:-
openisbn.com/free_ebooks/read_66712_Life_Time_Entirety__A_Study_Of_Aion_In_Greek_Literature_And_Philosophy__The_Septuagint_And_Philo
Good reading, from Temple Farrar

Pog - did you get Tillich on your list, or do you need some documentation?

Does anyone have an electronic version of this dissertation that they could send me?

tigana99@hotmail.com

Pog, I went to the site, and could see no way of downloading the book.

Tentmaker lists her & Ramelli & Konstan as universalists:

tentmaker.org/tracts/Universalist.html

Her entire book can be read for free online at:

books.google.ca/books/about/Lif … SmshbeyUsC

The following sample is a footnote from p.134:

"“Compare moreover the apocalyptic book 2 Baruck (or Syriac Baruck, ascribed to a date of approximately 30 to 50 years after 70 AD;
J.H. Charlesworth ABD I 620). 2 Baruck 40:3 states about the Annointed One (40:1) that his dominion will last forever until the
world of corruption has ended and until the times which have been mentioned before have been fulfilled” (translation A.F.J. Klijn
in Charlesworth I (1983) with note: “The rule of the Annointed One seems to be of a limited time.”). Ferch (1977) 148-149: " “forever
must be understood relatively, viz. until the age of corruption is ended.”

Hi friends!

Somebody shared this thread on Heleen Keizer’s work (on aionios) with me. It seems from the snippets here that Keizer views aionios as universalists typically do. However, she has a review of Ramelli’s book on UR that is quite critical of her arguments regarding aionios - so I’m confused.

Here is her review of Ramelli: https://www.academia.edu/29797704/2011_-review_Ramelli-Konstan_Terms_for_Eternity_2007?fbclid=IwAR2WHuQHUauNiHvENwY-QRICYx3f74KdWFQQiQMyGe59o3Tb_wkTwgtWVWU

Thoughts?

A short summary of her book/dissertation.

https://www.academia.edu/29892909/Eternity_Revisited_A_Study_of_the_Greek_Word%CE%B1%E1%BC%B0%CF%8E%CE%BD?auto=download&fbclid=IwAR0YMeGjbEpBCrmEj0BdFmFzMeKwL-iZ_2i0_VnxgSsDKIYdolN1S7–iPI

Tom